Notes on the Geography of Northern India: Shimla Houses: Photo 11
Inside, a quiet lane with a stone commemorating the visit of Lady Willingdon, the viceroy's wife. The original house was owned by a Peterson of the Simla Bank, who called it The Refuge. Sir Alfred Mackenzie bought the property in 1889 and built a new house, which was later rented by several commanders-in-chief. When Mackenzie died, the Maharaja of Nabha bought the house, which was sold in the early 1920s to the Maharani of Faridkot.
Short link for this page: http://www.greatmirror.com?justpic=23573
* Australia's Northern Territory * Austria * Bangladesh * Belgium * Botswana * Brazil (Manaus) * Burma / Myanmar * Cambodia (Angkor) * Canada (B.C.) * China * The Czech Republic * Egypt * France * Germany * Ghana * Greece * Hungary * India: Themes * Northern India * Peninsular India * Indonesia * Israel * Italy * Japan * Jerusalem * Jordan * Kenya * Laos * Kosovo * Malawi * Malaysia * Mexico * Morocco * Mozambique * Namibia * The Netherlands * Norway * Oman * Pakistan * The Philippines * Poland * Portugal * Singapore * South Africa * Spain * Sri Lanka * Sudan * Syria (Aleppo) * Tanzania * Thailand * Trinidad * Turkey (Istanbul) * The U.A.E. (Dubai) * The United Kingdom * The Eastern United States * The Western United States * The Heartland State: Oklahoma * Uzbekistan * Vietnam * The West Bank * Yemen * Zimbabwe *