Notes on the Geography of Kenya: Colonial Nairobi : Photo 42
This building, despite a similar tower, was entirely secular. Its name: Kipande House. The name refers to the kipanda or identification cards required by the British and issued here. The building is now a branch of the KCB. That bank was created in 1970 with the government's purchase of the shares of the National and Grindlays Bank, which itself was the result of a 1958 merger between the Kenyan branches of the National Bank of India and Grindlays Bank. Since then, the government's stake has shrunk to less than 20 percent.
Back to Kenya: Colonial Nairobi chapter
Short link for this page: http://www.greatmirror.com?justpic=31530
* Australia's Northern Territory * Austria * Bangladesh * Belgium * Botswana * Brazil (Manaus) * Burma / Myanmar * Cambodia (Angkor) * Canada (B.C.) * China * The Czech Republic * Egypt * France * Germany * Ghana * Greece * Hungary * India: Themes * Northern India * Peninsular India * Indonesia * Israel * Italy * Japan * Jerusalem * Jordan * Kenya * Laos * Kosovo * Malawi * Malaysia * Mexico * Morocco * Mozambique * Namibia * The Netherlands * Norway * Oman * Pakistan * The Philippines * Poland * Portugal * Singapore * South Africa * Spain * Sri Lanka * Sudan * Syria (Aleppo) * Tanzania * Thailand * Trinidad * Turkey (Istanbul) * The U.A.E. (Dubai) * The United Kingdom * The Eastern United States * The Western United States * The Heartland State: Oklahoma * Uzbekistan * Vietnam * The West Bank * Yemen * Zimbabwe *