Notes on the Geography of Zimbabwe: Harare: Photo 35
The Standard Bank building of 1899 was an exceptionally early departure from the wrought-iron norm. It was sold in 1911 to the BSA Company. It became the Charter House and in 1926 was enlarged for the Lands Department by another prominent architect, William D'Arcy Cathcart. Known as the Chaplin Building from 1926 to 1985, it is now called the Mashonganyika Building, recalling one of the leaders of a rebellion in 1896.
Back to Zimbabwe: Harare chapter
Short link for this page: http://www.greatmirror.com?justpic=30328
* Argentina * Australia * Austria * Bangladesh * Belgium * Botswana * Brazil * Burma / Myanmar * Cambodia (Angkor) * Canada (B.C.) * China * The Czech Republic * Egypt * Fiji * France * Germany * Ghana * Greece * Hungary * India: Themes * Northern India * Peninsular India * Indonesia * Israel * Italy * Japan * Jerusalem * Jordan * Kenya * Laos * Kosovo * Malawi * Malaysia * Mauritius * Mexico * Micronesia (Pohnpei) * Morocco * Mozambique * Namibia * The Netherlands * New Zealand * Nigeria * Norway * Oman * Pakistan * Peru * The Philippines * Poland * Portugal * Romania (Transylvania) * Senegal * Singapore * South Africa * South Korea * Spain * Sri Lanka * Sudan * Syria (Aleppo) * Tanzania * Thailand * Trinidad * Turkey (Istanbul) * Uganda * The U.A.E. (Dubai) * The United Kingdom * The Eastern United States * The Western United States * Oklahoma * Uzbekistan * Vietnam * The West Bank * Yemen * Zambia * Zimbabwe *