Notes on the Geography of Peninsular India: Diu: Photo 17
The first Portuguese church, St. Thomas's, built in 1536, was destroyed by a Gujarati assault but rebuilt in 1598. The church was deconsecrated in 1834 and converted into the city's museum in 1913. The central, cylindrical vault is unusual and hints at the lack of timber.
Back to Peninsular India: Diu chapter
Short link for this page: http://www.greatmirror.com?justpic=34991