Notes on the Geography of Kenya: Colonial Nairobi : Photo 42
This building, despite a similar tower, was entirely secular. Its name: Kipande House. The name refers to the kipanda or identification cards required by the British and issued here. The building is now a branch of the KCB, a bank created in 1970 with the government's purchase of the shares of the National and Grindlays Bank. That bank was the result of a 1958 merger between the Kenyan branches of the National Bank of India and Grindlays Bank.
Back to Kenya: Colonial Nairobi chapter
Short link for this page: http://www.greatmirror.com?justpic=31530
* Argentina * Australia * Austria * Bangladesh * Belgium * Botswana * Brazil * Burma / Myanmar * Cambodia (Angkor) * Canada (B.C.) * China * The Czech Republic * Egypt * Fiji * France * Germany * Ghana * Greece * Guyana * Hungary * India: Themes * Northern India * Peninsular India * Indonesia * Israel * Italy * Japan * Jerusalem * Jordan * Kenya * Laos * Kosovo * Malawi * Malaysia * Mauritius * Mexico * Micronesia (Pohnpei) * Morocco * Mozambique * Namibia * The Netherlands * New Zealand * Nigeria * Norway * Oman * Pakistan * Peru * The Philippines * Poland * Portugal * Romania (Transylvania) * Senegal * Singapore * South Africa * South Korea * Spain * Sri Lanka * Sudan * Syria (Aleppo) * Tanzania * Thailand * Trinidad * Turkey (Istanbul) * Uganda * The U.A.E. (Dubai) * The United Kingdom * The Eastern United States * The Western United States * Oklahoma * Uruguay * Uzbekistan * Vietnam * The West Bank * Yemen * Zambia * Zimbabwe *